Facilitated by: Mike Hamilton
The “Mobile Technology in Support of SME Business” Training Program is aimed at enabling representatives of existing and potential SMEs (Small to Medium Enterprises) to:
- Develop an understanding of how mobile technology can be used to support business activities
- Develop the ability to use mobile technology to perform business aligned activities.
Delegates are exposed to, and focus on the development of digital skills, and the alignment of such skills with SME business activities.
To date, more than 400 SMEs have been through the program.
Delegates targeted include SME business owners or primary business drivers representing Black Owned Micro, Small and Medium Businesses.
Delegates should ideally have the following knowledge
- Basic level of understanding of how to use of cellular technology
- Basic understanding of voice and data services concepts
- Basic understanding of costing and procurement of cellular services
Delegates should have and be able to apply the following skill sets:
- Ability to communicate in English
- Basic level of literacy to enable completion of research forms and understand presentation and discussion components of intervention
- Basic Level of e-Literacy – Should be able to interact with their device, use some applications for sending and receiving messages, making and receiving calls, as well as managing basic device settings.